Vodafone Red/Idea Nirvana – iPhone Forever
NOTE: The Vodafone iPhone Forever Program has been discontinued with immediate effect. In case of any queries, please reach out to Vodafone by dialling 199 from your Vodafone number.
- Red / Nirvana – iPhone Forever Plan (“Plan”)
This value-added service plan (“Plan”) governs the registration and support process for customers of Vodafone/Idea having an Apple iPhone (“iPhone”) purchased via an authorised sales channel of Apple and registered on a pre-defined monthly billing plan as mandated by Vodafone (“Vodafone Plan”) / Idea (“Idea Plan” ). The list of eligible iPhones are mentioned in Annexure A.
- Plan Details
A Vodafone/Idea subscriber, who,
- Owns an eligible iPhone (as per the annexure A below)
- Is on the pre-defined monthly billing Plan as required by Vodafone/Idea, and
- Successfully subscribes to the RED/Nirvana – iPhone Forever Plan, and his/her iPhone passes all diagnostics tests as mentioned in the RED – iForever Mobile Application (“RED – iForever App”) / Nirvana – iForever Mobile Application (“Nirvana – iForever App”)
- Plan Validity
- The Plan will be valid for 1 year from the date of activation of the Plan.
- On completion of the validity period of 1 year, the Plan can be renewed for the next year on the same iPhone or, on the upgraded/replaced iPhone.
Please note, the renewal of the Plan is subjected to the eligibility criteria of both; (1) age and (2) model of the iPhone at the time of renewal, and the Plan benefits will depend upon the age and model of iPhone
- The applicable benefits under the Plan will cease when the customer opts out of the pre-defined Vodafone/Idea monthly billing Plan
- Plan Benefits
Customers who have successfully activated the Plan (as described in section 3 below) will be eligible to avail the following benefits during the term of the Plan. The available benefits to the customer under the Plan will vary based on the age of the iPhone at the time of activation of the Plan or, renewal of the Plan,
- Multiple damage repair requests under the Plan
- Multiple upgrade requests under the Plan
- iPhones that are not more than 12 months old will be eligible for Upgrade, Like-to-Like Replacement or Repair
- iPhones that are more that 12 months old will be eligible for Upgrade or Repair only
- During an Accidental Physical or Liquid Damage Service event:
- Like-to-Like Replacement: replacement provided of a similar make and model of the Covered iPhone (same colour will be provided on best effort basis) or,
- Repair of the Covered iPhone that has suffered an accidental physical or liquid damage or,
- Upgrade: The customer opts to purchase a new iPhone of a higher value by paying the differential amount. The value of the Covered iPhone is ascertained by completing a few tests on the RED – iForever App / Nirvana -iForever App at the time of upgrade.
Please note, availability of like-to-like replacement support for few iPhone Models will be decided on the basis of Apple Guidelines at the time of raising a service request for replacement.
- During the Plan term, when there is no damage to the iPhone:
- Upgrade: The customer can opt to purchase a new iPhone of a higher value by paying the differential amount at any time during the term of the Plan.
- Coverage Details
Provided the iPhone is handed over to Servify or its authorized representatives in its entirety during the repair process & that the customer has submitted all the necessary documents as may be desired under this Plan, the following conditions would be covered:
If the iPhone:
- Suffers accidental physical damage
- Suffers accidental liquid damage
- Suffers damage due to:
- Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion
- Damage during riot or strike
Please note that if the iPhone has been tampered or has undergone an unauthorized repair, it will not be eligible for any benefits. The final decision in this regard will rest with Servify.
- Plan Activation Process
To activate the Plan, below are the requisites:
- The iPhone must be purchased from an Apple authorised sales channel by the customer
- The customer must be on a required Vodafone/Idea monthly billing Plan. If not already subscribed to the required Vodafone/Idea monthly billing Plan, the customer must upgrade to one of the eligible Vodafone/Idea monthly billing Plan.
- The customer must complete the activation process on the RED – iForever App / Nirvana – iForever App by following the iPhone diagnostics steps explained within the App. Upon successfully completing the activation on the App, and the iPhone passing the eligibility checks, the Plan will be activated, and a confirmation message will be shown to the customer on the App.
- There is a “Cool Off Period” of 21 days from the date of activation of the Plan. This means that a customer cannot raise any Damage Service Request during this period. This “Cool Off Period”, is, however, not applicable for upgrades where there is no damage to the iPhone. Additionally, there is no “Cool Off Period” on renewal of the Plan.
- There is a “Waiting Period“ of 90 days between two successive Damage Repair requests. This means that a customer cannot raise another Damage Service Request within 90 days from the date of raising the previous Damage Repair Service Request.
- Availing Plan Benefits
- In the event of a damage of the iPhone, customer is required to:
- Immediately (Not later than 72 Hours from the time of the damage) inform Servify through the RED – iForever App/ Nirvana – iForever App or Consumer Web Portal detailing how the damage occurred, place of damage, date & time of damage, and if required, submit documentary evidence of the damage as per the process listed on the App/Consumer Web Portal. The damage incident and the request from the customer for service in totality is referred to as “Damage Service Request” here.
- Submit all Damage Service Request related documents as may be required within three (3) calendar days of raising the said Service Request or within the timelines as communicated by Servify
- The customer will not handover the iPhone for repairs at any Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) or point of sales, until confirmed by Servify and a valid Damage Service Request is registered with Servify as per the process defined hereinabove. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any repair requests where the iPhone is handed over to an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) by customer before the approval from Servify; and any liabilities arising out of such repair requests before the in-principal approval from Servify will be solely handled by the customer at their own expense.
- To request for an Upgrade to a new iPhone:
- The customer has to request for an upgrade via RED – iForever App/ Nirvana – iForever App confirming the iPhone is in its good working condition
- The iPhone must pass all diagnostics tests as mentioned in the App to be eligible to avail the upgrade benefit
- The price of the iPhone will be displayed on the App post the diagnostic tests
- The customer will accept the price and make a payment of the differential amount for the upgraded iPhone
- The customer can choose one of the iPhone models listed on the App and proceed with the payment to complete the purchase process
- Select the mode of delivery for your new iPhone as mentioned on the App
- In the event of a damage of the iPhone, customer is required to:
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Customer may choose from the options of a) repair b) like to like replacement (providing the same colour replacement will be on best effort basis) (c) upgrade (customer pays the differential price) on approval of a the first Damage Repair Request under the Plan. For all successive Damage Repair Requests, the Customers may choose from the options of a) repair (c) upgrade. Based on the option chosen, the next steps will be shown to the customer in the App/Consumer Web Portal. All repairs/replacements are through Apple Authorised Service Providers only.
- There is a handling fee of Rs. 2000/- plus taxes on an event of Damage repair/replacement/upgrade under the Plan. This payment must be made in full before the repair/replacement/upgrade process is initiated.
- If the customer selects an upgrade, the value of the Covered iPhone is determined and shown on the RED – iForever App/ Nirvana – iForever App once the customer performs a few diagnostic tests. Customer must pay for the applicable price difference to upgrade to the selected new iPhone. Note: The customer can opt for an upgrade at any time during the term of the Plan, even if the Covered iPhone is not damaged
- If the Covered iPhone is repaired or replaced during the Damage Service Request event, the manufacturer’s warranty of the Covered iPhone, if any, will be carried forward on the repaired/replaced iPhone.
- If the customer has opted for an upgrade, the new iPhone will carry the manufacturers one-year warranty
- Servify will provide services through one or more of the following options, once the approval is provided:
- Pick/Drop Service:
Servify provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) for the Covered iPhone, for serviceable locations. If Servify determines that the Covered iPhone is eligible for the pick-drop services, Servify will send you a prepaid way bill (shipping label). The way bill will be available for download from the App or Consumer Web Portal. On completion of the repair process, the iPhone will be delivered to the address of the initial pickup. In case, the PUDO service is not available, you will have to dispatch the iPhone as per the Self-Courier process mentioned below
Customer opts to send the iPhone to an address as communicated by Servify via email or a notification on the App. On completion of the repair process, the iPhone will be delivered to the address as mentioned by the customer at the time of submitting the Request.
- Pick/Drop Service:
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which repair/replacement service is provided to the customer, and the eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city customer lives in and Servify has no control on the same
- Customer’s Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, customer agrees to comply with the following:
- Provide the IMEI of the iPhone to be registered
- Run a diagnostic test as described in the RED – iForever App/ Nirvana – iForever App during Plan activation process to determine the eligibility of the iPhone (as described in section 3 above)
- Subscribe to pre-defined post-paid tariff plan (as determined by Vodafone/Idea)
- Provide a copy of their iPhone’s original proof of purchase, if requested
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the iPhone
- Provide identity proof if requested to verify the customer of the Plan
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the iPhone IMEI, Serial Number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals iPhones connected or installed on the iPhone, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the iPhone experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid such damage or malfunction
- Follow the instructions Servify gives the customer, including but not limited to refraining from sending the iPhone that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan
- Take backup and delete the data residing in the iPhone and turn off ‘Find My iPhone’ feature before submitting the iPhone for any repair under the Plan. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF DAMAGE SERVICE REQUEST, SERVIFY OR THE AASP MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE IPHONE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify or the AASP will return the iPhone after the service event or provide a replacement iPhone as per Apple’s service policies. Servify or the AASPs may install the latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the iPhone from reverting to an earlier version of the operating system as per Apple’s service policies. Third party applications installed on the iPhone may or may not be compatible or work with the iPhone as a result of such operating system upgrade or update. Customer will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, applications, data and passwords as per their need post such service interventions as part of the Damage Service Request fulfilment.
- Fill & submit the necessary details and the declaration as required for submitting a valid Damage Service Request
- Transfer of Plan
- The transfer of benefits of the Plan from the eligible iPhone to another iPhone can be requested at any time during the Plan term via RED – iForever App/ Nirvana – iForever App or Consumer Web Portal. The updated iPhone will be eligible for the benefits post successful transfer of the Plan;
- If the customer has Upgraded to a new iPhone during the Damage Service Event or as Standalone Upgrade request (the iPhone does not suffer a damage), the Plan will be transferred to the upgraded iPhone model.
he Plan will not cover:
- Plan will cease to be in effect if the subscriber exits the Vodafone/Idea post-paid tariff plan (as specified by Vodafone/Idea)
- Any damage or repair request raised and reported in the “Cool Off Period” (21 days of first activation of the Plan) or within the “Waiting Period” (90 days period from the previous Damage Service Request)
- Any loss or damage to the Covered iPhone:
- due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- arising before or after Coverage Period
- under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- due to hire or loan of the Covered iPhone to a third party or if ownership is transferred
- due to unlawful act including Terrorist activity, War, Nuclear Explosion, Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biochemical, Biological, Electromagnetic, Cyber Attack
- caused by incorrect storage, poor care and maintenance, careless use, gross negligence, incorrect installation and incorrect set-up
- due to serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of Apple
- due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Covered iPhone
- Damage caused by:
- a product/accessory that is not the Covered iPhone
- operating the Covered iPhone outside the permitted or intended uses described by manufacturer
- service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an Authorized Service Centre (“ASC”) of Apple or any failure/damage caused outside the Indian territory
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Covered iPhone or the software
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, or otherwise due to normal aging of the product or manufacturer defect
- Cosmetic damage to the Covered iPhone including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- Loss or damage covered by supplier, dealer or manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Any loss affecting to SIM card and any ancillary products even if Covered iPhone results into complete stoppage of working
- Issues that could be resolved by upgrading software to the then current version
- Your use of a computer or operating system that is unrelated to consumer software or connectivity issues with the Covered iPhone
- Damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded on the Covered iPhone
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data are not covered under this Plan
- Any loss or damage to accessories and panels even if forming part of the standard pack or to any complimentary or ancillary product/s made available under any promotional scheme
- If the customer is unable to provide the damaged Covered iPhone
- Special Exclusions
Servify shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to the Covered iPhone relating to or caused due to the following:
- Damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the iPhone
- Damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is an accidental damage and not covered within the Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Damage to the iPhone which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Servify shall not be liable for any loss or damage if:
- The customer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or iPhone and/or
- The Plan is activated after 18 months of activation of the iPhone, and/or
- Due to the inability of the customer to submit any information required to assess the eligibility, either at the time of registration of the Plan or Damage Service Request; or any documents, if required by Servify for processing same.
- The Plan shall also not cover a damage or loss:
- Due to the inability of the customer to submit any registration or Damage Service Request related documents in order to process the same by Servify.
- For compensation towards damage, if the said Damage Service Request has already been availed once during the term of the Plan
- In any action, suit or other proceedings where Servify alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, damage or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, damage or liability is covered shall be upon the customer or the customer is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or the iPhone
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SERVIFY AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMERS FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS’ DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE MARKET OPERATING PRICE OF THE IPHONE. SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (I) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR/REPLACE/UPGRADE THE IPHONE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (II) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (III) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE IPHONE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE IPHONE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to customer in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- Customer may be required to perform preventative maintenance on the iPhone to receive service under the Plan, and update the RED – iForever App/ Nirvana – iForever App from time to time whenever there is a new version available on the app Store or as advised from Vodafone-Idea/Servify from time to time
- This Plan is offered and valid only if the customer is residing in India or the damage to the iPhone occurred while the customer is in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached at least the age of 18 years. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between customer and them
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the iPhone and the Plan confirmation communication, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute customer’s and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to this Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed & or revised from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Servify & Vodafone-Idea does not own the responsibility of the communication for the changes made if any. Revisions in the terms & conditions, if any will be updated on this page.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect customer’s statutory rights as a consumer, under Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- Support Contact Details:
For Plan Eligibility & Activation:
- Vodafone/Idea Customer Service Number:
- Vodafone/Idea Customer Service Email ID:
For Plan Benefits and Service Fulfilment:
- Servify Customer Service Number: 1 800 121 999 333 (Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm)
- Servify Customer Service Email ID: email@example.com
- Vodafone/Idea Customer Service Number:
- Annexure A: Eligible iPhones
- iPhone 5s and its variants
- iPhone 5SE and its variants
- iPhone 6 and its variant
- iPhone 6s and its variants
- iPhone 7 and its variants
- iPhone 7Plus and is variants
- iPhone 8 and its variants
- iPhone 8Plus and its variants
- iPhone X and its variants
- iPhone XS and its variants
- iPhone XR and its variants
- iPhone XS Max and its variants
- Future iPhone launches during the plan period
- Annexure B:
- Navi Mumbai