Servify Total Damage Protection Plan
Total Protection Plan
- The Plan
This Total Protection Plan governs the support process for mechanical breakdown and accidental physical and fluid damages for Laptop and Television Devices sold by Amazon through its official online sales channels in India in its original packaging. It is available on purchase of select Devices on amazon.in and is auto-activated after the delivery of the Device within 10 (ten) days. This Plan is not valid for any products that are either refurbished or purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer, even in an unboxed condition.
- Plan Term
Benefits under the Plan begins when you (“Customer”, who is the User of the Device) purchases the Plan and ends on completion of 1/ 2/ 3 years (as per the plan purchased) from date of purchase of the Device (“Plan Term”)
- Plan Eligibility
- This Plan can be purchased only with the original purchase of the Device, and subject to the Device being in its perfect working condition
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan, the original sales receipt of your Device, the proof of your identity provided at the time of raising a Damage Repair Service Request, the indemnification you provide about the working condition of the Registered Device before the purchase of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your Plan
- Plan Details
- “Registered” Device
The Device that was successfully registered under the Plan by following the activation process as required within 10 calendar days from the original purchase of the Device is termed as “Registered Device”
The purchaser of the Registered Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Customer. The purchaser’s spouse, children and parents can be the users of the Registered Device. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorized to use the Registered Device.
- Plan Types
- The onus of purchasing the correct Plan corresponding to the Device Model for which the cover is being purchased lies with the Customer
- Servify reserves the right to reject the request if the Servify Plan purchased by the Customer does not match the corresponding correct model of Device or serial number (Registered Device) for which the Plan has been purchased
- Benefits Value
- For Accidental Damage Protection coverage, Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to the depreciated value of the Registered Device at the time of submitting a Damage Repair Request for availing accidental damage protection as eligible under this Plan. Limit is one (1) repair instance per year of your registered device, subject to the maximum eligible Benefits Value at the time of submitting a request. If the repair charges are more than the Benefits Value, the Customer will have the option to bear the differential price for obtaining the repair as determined by the Authorised Service Provider (“ASP”). There is no processing fee under the Plan.
- For Extended Warranty, Maximum Benefits Value is equivalent to the original invoice value of the Registered Device. The Benefits Value at any given point of time will be calculated by subtracting the repair costs of all the subsequent repair service requests, if any, from the Invoice Value of the Registered Device. Unlimited number of Repair Requests up-to the Benefits Value can be availed under the Plan.
- Beyond Economic Repairs (BER)
If the repair cost of the Registered Device is more than the Benefits Value of the Registered Device, then the repair request will be determined as Beyond Economic Repairs (BER). In case of BER, the Customer will have the option to bear the differential value for obtaining the repair as determined by the Authorised Service Provider (“ASP”).
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Damage Repair Request Process & that you have submitted the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from official sales channels of Amazon in India, the following conditions would be considered under the Plan.
- Any mechanical or, electrical breakdown/defects to the registered device to the extent provided by the Manufacturer’s Warranty including the cost of parts and labour for the products manufactured in India or is legally imported in India & sold through official sales channels of manufacturer and supported by an invoice & Manufacturer’s Warranty/Guarantee.
- Suffers damage due to:
- Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion
- Damage during riot, strike & malicious damage
- If the Plan has been purchased beyond the purchase of Device
- Plan purchased and activated on a defective Device
- Any damages reported within 7 days of activation of the Plan
- Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturer’s, supplier’s or repairer’s guarantee or warranty
- Non-operating and cosmetic defect to the Registered Device such as defect to paintwork, product finish, dents or scratches
- Accessories or consumable item used in or with the Registered Device unless covered under a separable warranty policy
- Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the Registered Device
- Benefits under the Plan will not under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or defect to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential defects including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Plan and loss of use during the period that the Registered Device is at an authorized service centre and/or while awaiting parts
- Defect caused by unauthorized repair, theft, burglary and accident including earthquake, storm and or hurricane, abuse, misuse, sand, dust, water, negligence, fire, flood, lightning, malicious defect, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of God, animal or insect infestation or intrusion
- Defect resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current
- Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes
- Batteries, internal or external to the Registered Device
- Breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to the Registered Device
- Recalls or modifications to the Registered Device
- Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions or the instructions from Servify during the term of the Plan
- Costs arising from incorrect installation, modification or maintenance, or being unable to use the Registered Device
- Costs if no fault is found with the Registered Device
- Defect/failure caused before or during the delivery of Registered Device from the reseller
- Use of batteries, charger and/or accessories not approved by the manufacturer, incorrect electrical leads or connection
- The cost of repairing, restoring or reconfiguring software
- Any consequential or incidental defects arising from the use or loss of use of the Registered Device
- If the Registered Device is sold by original buyer to other party
- If the Registered Device is moved out of India, or used outside of India, it will not be covered under this Plan
- The Registered Device is not used in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines for usage of the Registered Device including but not limited to regular maintenance & up keep of the Registered Device
- “Registered” Device
- Special Exclusions
Servify and Amazon shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or defect due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting to any abnormal conditions of the Registered Device
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Registered Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Servify and Amazon shall not be liable if:
- The Customer or User is found to be involved in any way in fraudulent or illegal activity of any kind whatsoever related to this Plan or Registered Device
- The Plan is purchased for the Registered Device after the purchase of the Registered Device
- Due to the inability of the Customer to submit any of the repair request processing and Device purchase documents required by Servify or its partners for processing the eligible repair request
- In any action, suit or other proceeding where Servify or its underwriting partner(s), alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction, defect or liability is not covered by this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction, defect or liability is covered shall be upon the Customer
- Plan Activation Process
The Plan will be automatically activated within 10 days of the Purchase of the Registered Device.
- Service Request Process
In the event of damage to the Registered Device, you are required to:
- Immediately (Not later than 72 Hours from the time of the damage) ) go to the Your Orders section in your Amazon account > Go to the product order > click on Get Product Support > Schedule an appointment.
- Submit all request related documents including but not limited to the purchase invoice of the Registered Device and Photo ID Proof of the Customer and any other document as mentioned at the time of raising the Damage Repair Service Request
- Do note that the Total Damage Protection Plan is available only if the Plan has been purchased with the Device purchase on Amazon
- Please note, you will not handover the Registered Device for repairs at any service centre, including at any Authorised Service Centre (ASC) until confirmed by Servify. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such requests where the Registered Device is handed over to a service centre by you before the approval from Servify; any liabilities arising out of such requests before the in-principle approval of the Damage Repair Service Request from Servify will be solely handled by you (Customer) at your (Customer’s) own expense
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Servify provides services through onsite repair for the Registered Device . You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the Servify Consumer Web Portal about the status of the claim and the next steps expected. Service will be performed at your doorstep after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan.
- Cost of local transportation is covered, if required, for transporting the unit to the service center and back for repairs which are not technically advisable to be performed at your premises.
- Servify, its subsidiary or any party acting on its behalf reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair or replacement service to you, and your Registered Device’s eligibility to receive a method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in.
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase at the time of raising a ‘Damage Repair Request’
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Registered Device
- Provide identity proof if requested by Servify (at the time of raising a ‘Damage Repair Request’) to verify the User of the Device, on which Plan is activated
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Registered Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals Devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid the damage
- Make sure to backup software and data residing on the Registered Device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF DAMAGE REPAIR SERVICE, SERVIFY OR THE ASC MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify, or ASC may return your Registered Device after the service event subject to applicable updates. Servify or the ASC may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Registered Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party applications installed on the Registered Device may not be compatible or work with the Registered Device as a result of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords.
- Depreciation Matrix
Age of the Insured Device Depreciation % Up to 6 months 15% 6 months to 12 months 30% 12 months to 24 months 45% 24 months to 36 months 60%
- Cancellation and Refund
- You can cancel the Plan within 7 (seven) calendar days as per Amazon’s policy after purchasing it. If the Plan is purchased from an online channel, the refund request has to be given accordingly to the respective online channel as per their return/refund policies.
- If cancellation is done within 7 (seven) days from plan purchase date, then the Device would be eligible for 100% refund of the Plan Fee, generally paid back to you within 7 business days of receipt of accepted cancellation request
- If the cancellation request is received after the expiry of 7 (seven) days from the date of purchase of the plan, there will be no refund under this Plan
- Additionally, once a Damage Repair Request has been raised under the Plan, the Plan cannot be cancelled, and no refund is available irrespective of the decision on the Repair Request
- Servify may cancel this Plan if service parts for the Registered Device become unavailable, upon thirty (30) days’ prior written notice or through a notification within the Servify App and by offering the refund for the balance period on an applicable pro-rata basis, subject to no Repair Request made by you prior to the date of cancellation or services availed by you from Servify. In such a scenario, the benefits of this Plan for future date stands cancelled and you will be offered alternate options, commercially reasonable as determined solely by Servify
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AMAZON, SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF , SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE BENEFITS VALUE OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE. SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE REGISTERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- Transfer of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Registered Device from the Device to another party will render the Plan & its benefits null and void
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement Device will be termed as Registered Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a purchase in India and using in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of majority. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Servify have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify regarding the processing of data, and Servify will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact or Service at the support mediums provided such as email@example.com
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Servify reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify, the terms of this Plan
- Support Contact Details:
- Servify Customer Service Number: 1800 123 333 888 (Toll Free), All days, 9am to 9pm
- Servify Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org