Servify 1 Year Total Damage Protection Plan for smartphones
- The Plan
This Total Protection Plan governs the support process for accidental physical and fluid damages for Smartphone Devices sold by Amazon through its official online sales channels in India in its original packaging. It is available on purchase of select Mobiles on amazon.in and is auto-activated after the delivery of the Mobile phone within 7 (seven) days. This Plan is not valid for any products that are either refurbished or purchased by a customer post a return from the first customer, even in an unboxed condition.
- Plan Term
Benefits under the Plan begins when you (“Customer”, who is the User of the Device) purchases the Plan and ends on completion of 1 Year from date of purchase of the Device (“Plan Term”) or until a repair request has been raised.
- Plan Eligibility
- This Plan can be purchased only with the original purchase of the Device on Amazon and subject to the Device being in its perfect working conditions.
- The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan, the original sales receipt of your Device, the proof of your identity provided at the time of raising a Damage Repair Service Request, the indemnification you provide about the working condition of the Registered Device before the purchase of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your Plan
- The benefits under the accidental damage protection Plan is additional to the benefits provided by the manufacturer under Manufacturer’s Warranty. 1 Accidental Damage is covered for 1 year.
- Free pick-up drop will be provided for all claims and repairs including repairs covered under manufacturer’s warranty.
- Plan Details
- “Registered” Device
The Device that was successfully registered under the Plan by following the activation process as required within 7 calendar days from the original purchase of the Device is termed as “Registered Device”
The purchaser of the Registered Device whose name is mentioned on the original invoice is the Customer. The purchaser’s spouse, children and parents can be the users of the Registered Device. If the purchaser is a company, Customer shall mean any representative/employee of the company authorized to use the Registered Device.
- Plan Types
- The onus of purchasing the correct Plan corresponding to the Device Model for which the cover is being purchased lies with the Customer
- Servify reserves the right to reject the repair request if the Plan purchased by the Customer is incorrect or, does not match fall under the correct Range and the Price Value.
- Benefits Value
Maximum Benefits Value at any given point of time will be equivalent to the depreciated value of the Registered Device at the time of submitting the Damage Repair Request, less total sum of damage repair value from last Damage Repair Requests (if any) . Limit is one (1) repair instances of your Registered Device, subject to the maximum eligible Benefits Value at the time of submitting a request. Alternatively, if Customer opts for refund, the applicable depreciated amount will be returned to the beneficiary less Processing Fees as settlement subject to beneficiary returning the original Device along with its original accessories and original box to Servify. There is no additional Processing Fee charged during a repair even under this Plan.
- Beyond Economic Repairs (BER)
If the repair cost of the Registered Device is more than the Benefits Value of the Registered Device, then the repair request will be determined as Beyond Economic Repairs (BER). In case of BER, the applicable eligible amount will be returned to you as settlement subject to you returning the original Registered Device along with its original accessories to Servify. In case the original accessories are not returned, then Servify may deduct Rs.500 (Five hundred only) from the amount payable by Servify for each accessory that’s not returned as supplied with the Device as part of its original packing.
- Scope of Service under the Plan
Provided the Registered Device is handed over to Servify or its authorized channels in its entirety during the Damage Repair Request Process & that you have submitted the documents as desired under the Plan and have purchased the Registered Device from official sales channels in India, the following conditions would be considered under the Plan.
- Suffers damage due to:
- Acts of god perils, fire, lightening and explosion
- Damage during riot, strike & malicious damage
- If the Plan has been purchased after the purchase of the Device
- Any damages to the Registered Device prior to the Plan activation
- Any damages reported within 7 days of activation of the Plan
- Any damage to the Registered Device:
- due to Intentional act or wilful neglect
- arising before or after Plan Term
- under mysterious circumstances including lost or stolen
- due to hire or loan of the Registered Device to a third party or if ownership is transferred
- due to serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the Brand
- Damage caused by:
- a product/accessory that is not the Registered Device
- operating the Registered Device outside the permitted or intended uses described by manufacturer
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Registered Device or the software
- Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear & tear, manufacturing defects
- Loss or damage covered by supplier, dealer or Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Registered Device with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of Brand
- Registered Device that has been stolen
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to normal aging of the product
- Issues that could be resolved by upgrading software to the then current version
- Damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded on the Registered Device
- Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data
- Damaged device where the IMEI cannot be identified. Please note that the IMEI mentioned on the SIM tray will not be considered as an identification of the device IMEI.
- Plan purchased without purchase of Mobile device on Amazon or Plan purchased for any phone purchased anywhere other than on Amazon
- Any damages reported after 72 hours from the date of damage
- “Registered” Device
- Special Exclusions
Servify and Amazon shall not be liable in respect of loss or damage to Registered Device relating to or caused due to the following:
- Loss or damage due to mechanical or electrical break down or derangement, unless such loss is accidental damage, and which is not covered within the manufacturer’s warranty
- Penalties for delay or detention or in connection with guarantees of performance or efficiency
- Loss due to the Registered Device which gradually develops flaws, defects, cracks or partial fractures in any part not necessitating immediate stoppage, although at some future time repair or renewal of the parts affected may be necessary
- Loss due to deterioration or wearing away or wearing out of any part of the Registered Device that is caused due to or naturally resulting from its normal use or exposure
- Servify shall not be liable if:
- the Plan is purchased for the Registered Device after the purchase of the Registered Device
- In any action, suit or other proceeding where the Servify or underwriting partner(s) alleges that by reason of the provisions of the exceptions or exclusions above, any loss, destruction or damage is not included under this Plan, the burden of proving that such loss, destruction or damage is included, shall be upon the Customer
- Plan Activation Process
The Plan will be automatically activated within 7 days of the Purchase of the Registered Device.
- Service Request Process
In the event of damage to the Registered Device, you (Device) are required to:
- Immediately (Not later than 72 Hours from the time of the damage) go to the Your Orders section in your Amazon account > Go to the product order > click on Get Product Support > Schedule an appointment.
- Submit all request related documents including but not limited to the purchase invoice of the Registered Device and Photo ID Proof of the Customer and any other document as mentioned in at the time of raising the Damage Repair Service Request
- Do note that the Total Damage Protection Plan is available only if the Device has purchased the plan with the Device purchase
- Please note, you will not handover the Registered Device for repairs at any service centre, including at any Authorised Service Centre (ASC) until confirmed by Servify. It is expressly stated that Servify will not be held responsible for fulfilling any such requests where the Registered Device is handed over to a service centre by you before the approval from Servify; any liabilities arising out of such requests before the in-principle approval of the Damage Repair Service Request from Servify will be solely handled by you (Customer) at your (Customer’s) own expense
- Service Fulfilment Process
- Servify provides services through Pick/Drop Support (“PUDO”) Service for the Registered Device, for serviceable locations, once the approval is provided. You are required to wait until Servify confirms in writing via an email or on a voice call on your registered number or provides an update on the App about the status of the next steps expected. Service will be performed at the Brand Authorized Service Centres after verification of the entitlement and validity of the Plan. Once you are notified & that the service is complete, you will promptly be notified via the Amazon app/ web. The repaired Device will be delivered to the address of initial pickup after completion of repair if PUDO service is availed.
- Servify reserves the right to change the method by which they may provide repair service to you, and your Registered Device’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service under this Plan. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to the city you live in.
- Your Responsibilities
To receive service or support under the Plan, you agree to comply with the following:
- Provide a copy of your Registered Device’s original proof of purchase at the time of raising a Damage Request (if requested)
- Provide information about the reasons and causes of the damage to the Registered Device
- Provide identity proof if requested by Servify (at the time of raising a ‘Damage Repair Request’) to verify the User of the Device, on which Plan is activated
- Respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Registered Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals Devices connected or installed on the Registered Device, any error messages displayed, actions taken before the Registered Device experienced the damage and steps taken to avoid the damage
- Follow instructions Servify gives you, including but not limited to refraining from sending Registered Device that is not subject to damage protection as per the Plan and packing the Registered Device in accordance with shipping instructions as per the Plan
- Make sure to backup software and data residing on the Registered Device. DURING THE FULFILLMENT OF DAMAGE REPAIR SERVICE, SERVIFY OR THE ASC MAY DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE AND REFORMAT THE STORAGE MEDIA IF NECESSARY. Servify, or ASC may return your Registered Device after the service event subject to applicable updates. Servify or the ASC may install latest software updates as part of hardware service that will prevent the Registered Device from reverting to an earlier version of the Operating System. Third party applications installed on the Registered Device may not be compatible or work with the Registered Device as a result of the Operating System update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and passwords.
- Depreciation Matrix
The standard depreciation matrix applicable for this Plan is as below:
Days Since Purchase of the Device Depreciated Value 0-90 Days 15% of Invoice Value 91-180 Days 30% of Invoice Value 181-270 Days 40% of Invoice Value 271-360 Days 50% of Invoice Value
- Cancellation And Refund
- You can cancel the Plan within 7 (seven) calendar days as per Amazon’s policy after purchasing it. If the Plan is purchased from an online channel, the refund request has to be given accordingly to the respective online channel as per their return/refund policies.
- If cancellation is done within 7 (seven) days from plan purchase date, then the Device would be eligible for 100% refund of the Plan Fee, generally paid back to you within 7 business days of receipt of accepted cancellation request
- If the cancellation request is received after the expiry of 7 (seven) days from the date of purchase of the plan, there will be no refund under this Plan
- Additionally, once a Damage Repair Request has been raised under the Plan, the Plan cannot be cancelled, and no refund is available irrespective of the decision on the Repair Request
- Servify may cancel this Plan if service parts for the Registered Device become unavailable, upon thirty (30) days’ prior written notice or through a notification within the Servify App and by offering the refund for the balance period on an applicable pro-rata basis, subject to no Repair Request made by you prior to the date of cancellation or services availed by you from Servify. In such a scenario, the benefits of this Plan for future date stands cancelled and you will be offered alternate options, commercially reasonable as determined solely by Servify
- Limitation Of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AMAZON, SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SERVIFY’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIMIT OF SERVIFY AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE DEPRECIATED VALUE OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE. SERVIFY SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR OR REPLACE REGISTERED DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, (ii) IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR (iii) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SERVIFY’S LIABILITY FOR (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR (II) FRAUD. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, SERVIFY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS SOLE OPTION, TO REPLACE OR REPAIR OF THE REGISTERED DEVICE OR SUPPLY OF THE SERVICE
- Transfer Of Plan
- The transfer of ownership of the Plan for the Registered Device from the Device to another party will render the Plan & its benefits null and void
- If the Registered Device is replaced under Manufacturer’s Warranty during the Plan Term, then the replacement Device will be termed as Registered Device, with the applicable Plan benefits for the remaining period of the Plan Term.
- General Terms
- Servify may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to you in doing so
- Servify is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control
- This Plan is offered and valid only if you are making a purchase in India and using in India
- This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of majority. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not available where prohibited by law
- In carrying out its obligations Servify may, at their discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of their response, record part or all of the calls between you and them
- Servify have security measures, which should protect your data against unauthorized access or disclosure as well as unlawful destruction. You will be responsible for the instructions you give to Servify regarding the processing of data, and Servify will seek to comply with those instructions as reasonably necessary for the performance of the service and support obligations under the Plan. If you do not agree with the above or if you have questions regarding how your data may be impacted by being processed in this way, contact or Service at the support mediums provided such as email@example.com
- The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Registered Device and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute your and Servify’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan
- Servify is not obligated to renew this Plan. If either Servify does offer a renewal, they will determine the price and terms
- There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of India
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- Servify reserves the right, at its discretion, to change or modify, the terms of this Plan
- Support Contact Details:
- Servify Customer Service Number: 1800 123 333 888 (Toll Free), All days, 9am to 9pm
- Servify Customer Service Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org