This is a a legal agreement between you and Service Lee Technologies Private Limited (“Servify”) stating the terms that govern your participation in this eRecycle Program for End of Life iPhones (“Program”). These terms and conditions together with all updates and additional terms collectively constitute the “Agreement” between you and Servify. By proceding to use this application you provide your consent and agree to these terms of the Agreement.
This service is provided by Servify in India, and Apple Inc. or its subsidiaries are not liable for any discrepancies or liabilities arising out of the services of Servify.
- By participating in this Program, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and all disclaimers that appear elsewhere on this application (Servify Consumer eRecycle App) or web site (Servify Consumer eRecycle Web).
- Customer Eligibility:
- To participate in this Program, you must: (a) be an individual; (b) be at least 18 years old; (c) ship products only from within India, not exceeding two Products in total during the entire duration of the Program; and (d) be residing in India.
- Products shipped from outside India will not be accepted or returned. You represent and warrant that you are the legal owner of the End of Life iPhone (that is either in its end of life stage or is no longer in use, also referred to as “Product”) submitted under this Program and that they are not counterfeit or stolen.
- You must have the right, title, and interest in any and all Products you seek to provide to Servify. Such Products, or the shipment of such Products, must not violate any applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, or regulations. You are responsible for complying with any and all such applicable laws from time to time. Any Products you seek to provide through the Servify Consumer eRecycle Web or Servify Consumer eRecycle App, using Servify’s services: (i) shall not infringe any third party intellectual property rights (including copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights); (ii) shall not be counterfeit, stolen, or fraudulent.
- You represent and warrant that the Products are free of any liens or encumbrances, including third-party software which may not be transferred or for which royalties are due. By participating in this Program, you agree to indemnify Servify from all claims or losses sustained by Servify as a result of any breach of this warranty.
- You may ship the Product which you intend to discard, to Servify as part of this Program for safe & secure recycling. Once the Product shipped by you is received by Servify pursuant to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. Servify will ensure destruction of accepted Products at its authorised facility under surveillance and as per norms defined by Apple; and will pack each set of the dismantled & destructed Product parts with unique identifier for easy reference before dispatch to certified recycle partners. Servify would then dispatch it for recycling to a certified recycle partner in an environmentally safe and secure manner.
- Your Responsibility:
- You are responsible for cancelling any contract with mobile service providers linked to each such Product. Servify is not responsible for any costs arising before, or after receipt of your such Product, or arising from any other circumstances whatsoever due to such uncancelled contract.
- You must remove the SIM card before sending the Product to Servify. Any SIM card received by Servify will be destroyed appropriately as per the safe recycle norms, and therefore cannot be returned. Servify will not accept liability in the event any Product that has been sent had a SIM card and usage charge is billed to you against that SIM card. You shall continue to be responsible for such charges.
- You must ensure that all personal data is erased from the Product before sending it to Servify. This includes, but not limited to all personal details, SMS, photos, videos, games, songs or any other data. If you have requested for any data wipe facility of Servify, Servify will make its best effort to securely erase the data on the Product using authorized data erasure tools. However, Servify will not accept responsibility for the security, protection, confidentiality or use of such data. By sending your Product to Servify you agree to release Servify from all and any losses, claims or damages with respect to the data enclosed or stored therein or on any media used in conjunction with the Product. By sending the Product to Servify, you agree to, upon its acceptance by Servify, release Servify from any claim as to the Product, the data stored in such Product, or any information on any media used in conjunction with the Product or for the security, integrity, confidentiality, disclosure or use of such data. Servify is not responsible for any loss suffered by you due to any data that is not erased from the Product.
- You have two options to send the Product to Servify; either by choosing the pickup service offered by Servify or by choosing to drop-off at a nearby Drop-off location. Before shipping a Product, it is suggested that you make note of your IMEI number. Your IMEI number can be found here. The pick-up of the Product from the address you provide would be complimentary to you. If you choose to drop the device at a designated Drop-off location, the costs incurred by you in traveling to the Drop-off location would be borne by you. You also agree that you would not use any courier service other than the Servify enabled logistics provider to ship the product to Servify or its designated Drop-off locations.
- All Products are inspected upon receipt by Servify. If Servify finds that the Product you sent is not as referred to in your communication to Servify in the Servify Consumer eRecycle App or Servify Consumer eRecycle Web, Servify has the option at its sole discretion to accept, reject or recycle the Product.
- Green Rewards:
It is understood between you and Servify that the shipment of your Product to Servify does not constitute a sale of the Product to Servify. As part of the Program to encourage responsible recycling of Products, Servify may offer a reward to such customers who opt to participate in this Program using the Servify Consumer eRecycle App or Servify Consumer eRecycle Web. The terms and conditions of such rewards are mentioned therein and are subject to change from time to time also dependent on participating reward partners. The rewards are offered solely at the discretion of Servify along with its reward partners and may be withdrawn or modified by them periodically without providing any advance notice to you.
You can choose rewards when you Pledge to eRecycle an iPhone in the future. The Pledge rewards so offered by Servify, if you Pledge to eRecycle in the future will be communicated to you as soon as the submitted IMEI is validated when you Pledge to eRecycle.
You can choose rewards when you submit an iPhone to eRecycle or when you Pledge to eRecycle an iPhone in the future. The rewards offered by Servify, if you submit an iPhone for eRecycling, will be communicated to you (a) upon receipt of the device at Servify’s facilities and (b) on satisfactory completion of the inspection, and (c) it is found that your Product is eligible for the reward.
It is your responsibility to use the reward within the expiry date mentioned in the reward communication. Servify will not provide any cash value in lieu of the redemption of the reward. If the reward is not redeemed until its expiry or lost by you, Servify will not renew it or issue new rewards in lieu thereof. You will be entitled to a maximum of three (3) rewards each time; if you eRecycle an iPhone and/or if you Pledge to eRecycle an iPhone in the future.
- Other Terms and Conditions.
- Servify reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. All transactions on the Servify Consumer eRecycle App or Servify Consumer eRecycle Web are governed by the laws of India. If any of the terms in these Agreement are not valid or legally enforceable, the other terms will not be affected.
- You agree that Servify has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any registration data and/or account information data to law enforcement authorities, government officials, as Servify believes is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement.
- Servify provides its services of recycling Products under this Program and it has no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of business opportunity, loss of data, loss of use of money, losses which you incur as a result of a failure by you to comply with your obligations under these terms and conditions, including without limitation, third party charges which are raised on your account as a result of a failure to adhere to your obligations regarding removal of SIM cards and other data.
- This Agreement is binding on you and Servify and its respective successors and assignees. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of this Agreement, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without Servify’s prior written consent. Servify may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of this Agreement, or any of its rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Agreement without your consent.
- Servify warrants that it will provide its services with reasonable care and skill, and substantially in accordance with this Agreement. Except as provided herein, there are no other warranties, conditions or promises about the services, expressed or implied, and all such warranties, conditions and promises are excluded to the full extent permitted by law.